Hu-Friedy’s Instrument Management System (IMS)
An implemented IMS System with Hu-Friedy Cassettes offers a high standard of organisation
- What is IMS? A system that standardises and combines the cleaning, sterilisation, storage and organisation of dental instruments
- How does IMS work? IMS saves time by pre-sorting instruments by procedure and once configured the instrument set-up remains complete throughout instrument processing.
- What does it do? Provides result-driven standards, while saving a practice 5–10 minutes per procedure and reducing the risk of potential sharps injuries.
Did you know that by using IMS Cassettes organised by procedure you will save up to 10 minutes per visit?
- Organised instruments, accessories and disposables in a single integrated system per procedure
- Color-coded cassettes and instruments by procedure or type of use
- Simply located and identify clearly marked cassette
- Professional chairside image through presentation of sterile packages. Patients are aware that the instruments are clean, sterile and ready to be used for their procedures according to proven safety protocols and regulations
- Less counter space required in the dental practice or in the sterilisation area
Did you know that an assistant goes in and out the sterilisation area up to 100 times per day?
Hu-Friedy Instrument Management System (IMS) advantages:
- Enhanced chairside efficiency and easy training with standardised procedural set-ups incrementing the productivity
- Reduced set-up time with organised storage of instruments within procedural labelled cassettes
- Entire cassette can be placed into Thermo-disinfector, ultrasonic bath and autoclave for
- facilitated cleaning and sterilisation
- Reduced need for manual sorting of instruments into pouches
- Cleaning time reduced, allowing for a more productive team
Did you know that 31% of sharp injuries occur while cleaning the instruments?
Hu-Friedy IMS System allows you to work with the best measures to reduce exposure to cross-infection:
- Minimised handling of contaminated sharps reduces risk of injury and exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Hand scrubbing virtually eliminated, reducing risk of injury and exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Safer transportation of soiled instruments reduces risk of injury and exposure to blood borne pathogens
Did you know the main benefits of your instruments?
- Potential damage (bending, breaking, etc.) is reduced by storing instruments in cassettes
- Cassette system reduces lost or misplaced instruments
- Instruments held securely in proper cleaning positions (i.e., hinged instruments in open position) for optimal cleaning
- Standardised protocols let the staff avoid forgetting any steps of the cleaning procedures
Read articles below and learn more.