Hu-Friedy is able to provide you with the IMS Total Hygiene Solution: helping your practice to meet stringent infection control standards with:
- Advanced-formula cleaning and care products: Enzymax Detergents for ultrasonic cleaning and presoak and Enzymatic Spray Gel.
- Maintenance and Care of Instruments: Instrument Lubricants (ILS), Penetrating Oil (IPS) and Shine reNEW to keep your instruments looking new
Your practice and patients deserve the best, so count on Enzymax for:
- A superior level of instrument cleaning powered by a dual-enzyme design that works quickly to remove and prevent biofilms while thoroughly cleaning instruments. Extended instrument life enabled by Steelgard agents and corrosion inhibitors
- Multipurpose applications including ultrasonic, presoak, linen spot removal and evacuation cleaner
- Fast, effective and responsible formulation for instrument care and cleaning
Enzymax Spray Gel
ENZYMAX DETERGENTS ARE AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWSIMS-1229 - IMS Enzymax Spray Gel IMS- 1224
- IMS Enzymax liquid 950ml bottleIMS-1226
- IMS Enzymax liquid 3.8l refill bottleIMS-1230 - IMS Enzymax powder 800gr. glass w/measure spoon
IMS-1232 - IMS Enzymax PAX 32 packets of 14gr.
IMS-1233 - IMS Enzymax PAX 96 packets of 14gr.
- IMS Enzymax liquid 40 x 10ml sachet
NEW EARTH-FRIENDLY OPTIONIMS-1336 - IMS Enzymax Earth 1 Gallon bottle
The best way to clean your instruments JUST GOT BETTER (AND GREENER)
IMS-1332 - IMS Enzymax Earth 32 Powder Packets
IMS-1333 - IMS Enzymax Earth 96 Powder Packets
Hu-Friedy is dedicated to providing environmentally friendly cleaning products. While all Enzymax products are biodegradable and phosphate free, Hu-Friedy’s line of green detergents, Enzymax Earth, presents less bioaccumulation potential and contains enzyme stabilizers that are safer for the environment.
Enzymax Earth offers the same superior cleaning attributes as Enzymax.
The first step to proper instrument reprocessing
Proper cleaning is the first and most important step to effective Instrument Reprocessing. Visibly clean instruments might not be enough to ensure quality of your cleaning protocol. Wouldn’t you want to know if your instruments have passed the first step?
Have you tried the Hu-Friedy’s Cleaning Monitors? Hu-Friedy Cleaning Monitors are designed to monitor the efficacy of the cleaning process when using washer-disinfectors and ultrasonic cleaners. The monitors contain a non-toxic test soil that mimics the presence of blood and tissue on an instrument surface. Full removal the test soil indicates an effective cleaning process.
How do cleaning monitors work?
- Insert single use Cleaning Monitor strip into the holder
- Place holder with strip face up in equipment:
- For ULTRASONIC CLEANERS: on top of instruments fully covered in solution
- For WASHER-DISINFECTORS: in a basket on a shelf of the washer
- Run cleaning cycle
- Review results of Cleaning Monitor to determine if adjustments to process are needed
- Cleaning Monitor Holder, 1 pieceIMS-1200U
- Cleaning Monitor for Ultrasonic, 50 piecesIMS-1200W
- Cleaning Monitor for Washer Disinfector, 50 pieces
Spray arm function
Number of Instruments
Why would my process fail?
There are many things that can affect the quality of your cleaning protocol. Rather than assuming that your instruments are clean just by looking at them, let’s consider some of the common process failures for your Washer-Disinfector or Ultrasonic Cleaner.
COMMON PROCESS FAILURES
- Inadequate water spray/impingement
- Clogged spray arms
- Instrument shadowing
- Inadequate detergent dosing
- Improper detergent dosing
- Ineffective cavitation
- Insufficient time, temperature and/or detergent
Points of performance
BUY NOW ON HU-FRIEDY SHOP
- Colored test soil on strip is designed to parallell the removal of blood and bioburden from an instrument surface
- Cleaning Monitor Holder acts as a hinged instrument measuring implingement in washer-disinfectors
- Reusable stainless steel holder secures monitor in place in order to provide accurate results
Maintenance and Care of Instruments: Instrument Lubricants (ILS) and Shine reNEW to keep your instruments looking new
Instrument lubricants: ILS and IPS
Hinged instruments, pliers, bone rongeur forceps, scissors and needle holders should always be well lubricated.
If applied regularly, Hu-Friedy ILS Spray prevents abrasive corrosion and reduces friction levels when tools are used. Always ensure hinged instruments are open before cleaning, disinfection or sterilisation.
IPS removes light rust and corrosion to loosen problem joints. ILS keeps hinged instruments moving freely.
The instrument lubricants come in a convenient non-aerosol pump bottle. Instrument Lubricant Spray (ILS) and Penetrating Oil (IPS) do not contain silicone.
IPS - IMS Penetrating Oil for instruments 8 oz (237 ml)
ILS - IMS Lubricant Spray for instruments 8oz/237ml Pump
A quick and simple solution to restoring dental instruments and metals Shine reNEW Instrument Wipes effectively remove stain and rust, restoring the luster to stainless steel, brass, copper and anodized aluminum.
- Effectively clean, polish and protect instruments
- Eliminates the need for abrasive scrubs
- Restore luster to instruments and metals
- Keep hinged instruments moving freely by dissolving built-up residue
- Quick and simple to use, any office member can use the wipes
IMS-1455 - Canister: 1 canister contains 20 wipes